24th September 2021
Dear Parents and Carers
To see what’s been happening at BGPS, please go to our Twitter feed:
Friday 24th September - Harvest Festival
It was fantastic that so many of you were able to share in our harvest worship in the church this morning. To hear the children singing in church again, and be able to share it with all of you after nearly two years without being allowed to, was quite emotional. May it be the first of many future shared experiences. Your generosity with donations for Jimmy’s is much appreciated: as we sang this morning, “Give what you’ve got to people who’ve not and life gets better.”
Lunches – message from Dolce
Dolce have warned us that they are experiencing some difficulties in regards to their food suppliers’ ability to fill their orders. We may find that there are times when some elements of lunch may be slightly different to the published menu, but they will do their best to minimise this.
From the governors ….
Following their meeting last week, the governors would like to share the following 5 points:
- Governors were delighted to hear how well the pupils have settled back into school, especially new pupils who have joined us this year.
- Governors were pleased to hear that a sense of normality is returning the school e.g. the buddy system, no bubbles, beginning collective worship together, but that heightened hygiene measures are still in place to reduce risk.
- Pupils are embracing the new values which have been introduced to the school as part of the review of the school’s vision.
- Governors have undertaken annual Safeguarding training which covers the changes to the KCSiE policy
- The School Development Plan has been produced and governors are looking forward to arranging monitoring visits in line with the allocation of link roles and responsibilities.
Reminder: Yr 6 parents – secondary transitions 2021 now open
Parents need to log into the Citizen Portal to make an application. Last year the majority of parents chose to make their applications for a school place online. Parents must apply via their home local authority (where they pay their Council Tax to) for transferring from Primary to Secondary school. This is the link to the Cambridgeshire online application process:
Applications have to be submitted by Saturday 31st October.
We are fortunate to have three peripatetic music teachers who visit school and have spaces. Please contact them directly for more information:
Woodwind – Fallon Howe – email@example.com
Piano – Jo Pumfrey – firstname.lastname@example.org
Guitar – Dan Andrews - email@example.com
We do have samples in school for you to look at including the shower proof school jacket.
The easy guide to inches is 24” is a 3-4years, a 26” is a 5-6years etc (the second digit is the second age)
Next deadline date is Midnight 30th September
Please check our school website for information about future events, term dates, training days etc. http://www.burroughgreen.cambs.sch.uk/website/calendar/386598
In the next two weeks….
Wednesday 29th September – Individual Photographs
Individual photographs will be taken by Tempest Photography on the morning of Wednesday 29th September. If you have children who are siblings in school (or who are at pre-school on Wednesday morning) then sibling photographs will be taken as well as individual photographs.
Obama Class and Teresa Class please come to school in uniform, bring their PE kit in a bag to change for the afternoon's lesson.
Thursday 7th October – OAA Challenge for Y3/4
This event is by invitation for children in Y3 and 4.
Friday 8th October - Shared Worship
Please come and join us in the school hall at 9:00am to find out what the children have been learning about in school.
Anna Hayesmore and the Burrough Green Team