Our School Curriculum
At Burrough Green CE Primary School, our intent through the curriculum is to:
Improve communication and language including vocabulary
- Foster equality and diversity and promote wellbeing
At Burrough Green CE Primary, we believe that our curriculum should be broad, balanced, rich and relevant, meet the needs of all children whatever their ability or background and help to develop the whole child. We constantly adapt our learning journeys to meet the needs and interests of our pupils.
We implement our curriculum through the Early Years Foundation Stage Programme of Study, The National Curriculum and our school curriculum. This ensures that our pupils progress in both key knowledge and skills throughout their subject areas.
Each ILP/KRP lasts for one half-term, and is split into 4 parts:
1. Engage – to provoke children’s curiosity using interesting starting points
2. Develop – to provide creative opportunities for learning
3. Innovate – to enable children to apply their skills, to be creative and to make choices independently
4. Express – to reflect and share their learning with a wider audience
Please see the individual curriculum pages for how each subject is implemented as well as key resources for pupils and examples of learning.
If, after looking at the curriculum maps below, as well as our subject pages, you would like to know more about our curriculum, please contact the school and we would be happy to discuss it more with you.
- Malala Class (Year R, Year 1) 2021-22 curriculum overview
- Einstein Class (Year 2, Year 3) 2021-22 curriculum overview
- Teresa Class (Year 4, Year 5) 2021-22 curriculum overview
- Obama Class (Year 5, Year 6) 2021-22 curriculum overview